Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Solar Power!

Okay I need to get better at this blogging thing if I really want to become good at it. I like to write. I have strong opinions. For some reason I just haven't found the impetus to blog regularly. I vow that I will do so more often in the future.

So I decided to go back to school. I'm interested in alternate energy and sustainability and, luckily for me, there is a program that coincides with my interests at my local Community College. I've enrolled in the Solar Voltaic Associates program. I even finished my first term with all A's! Yay me! Anyway, so now I'm more interested in Solar technology and I notice articles about it more often. Like this one.

Solar Powered Train Station

Why is it that the Chinese are ahead of us in high speed rail AND solar power? Or at least solar integration. Sigh. This kind of thing is exactly what we need to get things moving again in this country. What an awesome idea. Train Stations have giant roofs of empty acreage just begging to be made use of. Personally I see this as a sort of peanut butter and chocolate kind of thing.

So exciting to see projects like this get off the ground. Even if it is happening thousands of miles away.

No comments:

Post a Comment