Wednesday, September 8, 2010

This week we talk about wind (sort of)

Last week I talked about solar power and how I am becoming more focused on that lately because of classes I'm taking. Well this week I get to talk about wind in an indirect manner. Vestas, a Danish wind turbine manufacturer, has it's North American headquarters in my hometown of Portland Oregon. Well they recently released news that they are building a new headquarters building and they are going for LEED platinum.

New Vestas Headquarters in Portland Shoots for LEED Platinum


This is the kind of project that makes me proud of being an Oregonian. We have drawn companies to our State that are really focused on renewable energies and sustainability. Vestas is making a big time statement here by going for Platinum. It's a very difficult rating to get and requires quite a bit of investment. By doing this Vestas is also basically making the promise that they are here to stay in the Portland area which makes me very happy as well since Vestas is on the short list of companies that I'd really love to work for here in the Portland area.

No comments:

Post a Comment